Here are 10 quotes by Lao Tse, the ancient Chinese philosopher and founder of Taoism:
1. "Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished."
2. "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is enlightenment."
3. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
4. "Simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures."
5. "Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love."
6. "The wise man is one who, knows, what he does not know."
7. "The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth."
8. "Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you."
9. "If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve."
10. "Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."